Burit natural oils deeply nourish your face, body and hair.
Treat your body with luxurious care.
Intensive care for dry and pale skin
- Buriti oil is suitable for daily skincare routine. Apply in a thin layer directly on clean skin. Only two drops might be just enough for face or hand care. Use in the morning and/or evening.
- Rich in carotene, Burti acts as a natural sun blocker with an estimated SPF 10. It is an excellent alternative for sunbathing in early spring when other suncare options are hard to come by.
Daily care for dry and damaged hair
- Apply a few drops of Buriti oil on dry hair tips and pass-through with a thick comb. Buriti is suitable for daily hair care. Your hair will be easier to maintain with healthier tips and soft texture.
Handmade natural cosmetics
- Buriti oil can also be integrated as a base ingredient in all oil-containing formulas: face cream, lip balm, or body lotions. It is used in concentrations of 10-15% and added in the final stage of emulsions at a temperature below 40 ° C. It gives emulsions a yellowish color. You can mix in other vegetable and essential oils for your personalized scent, or even make your own macerate.
- You can simply add Buriti oil to your favorite herbal cream or make your own combination. This way you can keep your favorite cosmetics, with a drop of innovation.
Find more info on blog: Kako koristiti buriti ulje?
By tradition, Buriti is considered a delicious dressing oil.
It is mostly used for rice and salads. It can also be added into a smoothie or simply consume on a teaspoon as a diet supplement.
β-carotene is a unique vegan source of vitamin A.
Vitamin A is known in two primary forms:
- The active vitamin A called retinol – animal origin.
- Provitamin A called beta carotene – plant origin.
The body converts provitamin A, β-carotene, into the active form of vitamin A, retinol.
Conversion occurs mostly in the liver, and therefore beta-carotene is often taken as a dietary supplement.
Additionally, Amazon women believe that the buriti fruit maintains the balance of the female hormone estrogen, emphasizes female curves, regulates menopause, and bestows fertility.
Although in local life buriti is used for both cosmetic and nutrition purposes, it’s still quite exotic and unknown to the European market and therefore on sale just as a skincare oil.
Scientist and explorer Alexander Von Humboldt called the buriti palm a “tree of life” because of its widespread use in Native American life.
Locals often cut down palm trees despite the fact that the main product is not wood itself !
Buriti harvesting strategies are unsustainable from an environmental and economic point of view. Mayantu is taking active measures to counteract this destructive practice. We do NOT cut down trees. We do NOT create plantations.
INCI Name: Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil
Suggested use: Cosmetic product
Expiration date: 24 months
Part of the plant used: Fruit/mesocarp
Extraction method: Cold Pressed – Unrefined
Production process: Wild harvest
Country of origin: Peru
Other names: Moriche palm, ita/ité palm, muriti, canangucho, aguaje, buriti